We are a team of local volunteers who improve, promote and provide community facilities in our village of Raglan, Monmouthshire.
We’re proud of our community and we want it to prosper, now and in the future. This means a thriving social scene and easy access to helpful services.
Rural communities like ours can struggle when it comes to getting much-needed leisure facilities, funding and resources used by everyone.
The RVHA is about bringing our individual and group efforts together. We are a village of strong, vibrant networks and caring, forward-thinking people.
We want to work together so that all our voices are heard.
What we do
- Coordinate your classes, activities, groups and services at Raglan Old Church School
- Organise social and fundraising events like film nights
- Set up useful village services like Citizen’s Advice drop in sessions
- Listen to you and drive village effort, like the project to build a much-needed community space
- Team up with local councils, groups and networks
- Raise awareness of village events and services
The group was originally established in 1974 to improve access to recreation and leisure activities for people living in and around Raglan.
Over the years we’ve run the Jefferies Hall and invested in the building of the infant and junior schools to provide a shared community space.
Since 2014 we have been working with our community and partners to identify a long-term strategy for Raglan’s services and facilities.